- The Church’s mission to seek to secure the rights of all human beings irrespective of colour, gender, sexuality and nationality;
- The number of former and current learners who have disclosed discrimination at our Anglican schools on the grounds of their racial background, sexuality or nationality;
- Some of our Anglican schools are addressing this critical need and are encouraged to hasten the process.
Therefore respectfully requests:
- This PSC release a statement that ACSA does not support any form of discrimination and assures the victims of its prayers and support.
- The Metropolitan to form a Provincial task team to work with the different Anglican Schools to:
2.1 make recommendations on how best the ACSA can address discrimination issues at our Diocesan schools;
2.2 give feedback at the 2021 Provincial sitting (be it Synod or PSC).
- The Safe and Inclusive Church Commission to set up a secure monitored email address at which students can report issues of discrimination.
Proposer: Ms. Kim Williams (Diocese of False Bay)
Seconder: Mr. Teboho Makhalanyane (Provincial Youth Council )